Skip to main content

Welcome to my online home ! Hope you get what you looking for. If not, feel free to contact me on shingim1@gmail.com.



General Overview


This is a blog on all things Shingi. My work, my opinions my hobbies and even my randoms ! Hope you will have a great time reading it same way I had fun making it. :)

Here is a brief intro to all the pages on this blog:
  • My Short Stories - Here you will see me writing random and (usually) experimenting with different writing styles
  • My Work - You will see some of the work I have done
  • My Perceptions - Here you will get to see my perceptions on stuff
  • My Random - Well.... (expect anything!)
  • About me - You will get to know a thing or two about me :)

Popular posts from this blog

PRG, PRF, PRP in Cryptography - What are they?

So I have been reading up on my cryptography and I figured I should give out a brief lesson on these three amazing concepts What are they ? a) PRG (Pseudo Random Generator) You probably know the difference between stream and block cipher. One of the main differences between them is key size. Stream ciphers require the key to be of equal length of greater than the plaintext ,   whereas Block Ciphers take a key smaller than the PT and is then expanded. This is the PRG The PRG expands the seed Considerations: Stream Ciphers base on Perfect Secrecy whereas Block Ciphers base on Semantic Security b) PRF (Pseudo Random Function) Lets share a secret- imagine something- you want to authenticate yourself with me by proving that you know a secret that we both share. Here's a possible option i) Possible Option 1:  PRNGs We both seed a PRNG with the shared secret, I pick and then send you some random number i.  You   then have to prove that you know the secret by respon

Django & Firebase - A marriage of awesomeness

Requirements 1) Django (obviously) 2) Pyrebase (pip install pyrebase, you know the drill) So to give a better appreciation- I will first show you the HTML way then I'll proceed to show you how its done in Python. METHOD 1 : The HTML way Then you need to go to the firebase console. To setup a new project. After that you will see a web setup and you select that. Once selected you will see the config. It should be similar to this : Now that you have configured firebase, we now need to select the components which will be needed. depending on what you want for your app- you can now select the modules that you need. For us today, we will do the login authentication. Make sure you include firebase app first, so this is my screen: METHOD 2: Enter Python Open your dev environment and create a file named  pyrebase_settings within your django app folder. In it, you will have the following: Now, lets go to views.py!